Saturday, June 25, 2005

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

The RE wants me to wait out the weekend then go in for an ultrasound on Monday morning before deciding to do drugs or a d&c. Okay, I'm all right with waiting a little longer. I don't want a freaking d&c.

I thought I might be lucky enough to move it out last night but nope. That feeling of nausea and pressure must have been something else, or else the upper part of my cervix was trying to grab at the tissue and wasn't having any luck. I have the occasional cramp now and again but mostly my uterus is quiet.

We had a work party last night out and were out on the town. The streets of Capitol Hill were teaming with people, probably due to it being the end of the school year/start of summer and gay pride weekend. Whatever the reason I liked it as I got to just be another person having a good time.

While at this one bar one of my coworker's wives asked me if my partner and I planned on having kids. I told her that we'd see how things went, my typical vague answer which leaves people thinking that yes we are interested in having kids and might actually be trying now or in the near future. Then she told me that they had started trying and that she had a miscarriage a couple of months ago. So I decided to tell her about mine, the last one some people at the office knew about (due to one blabbermouth who no longer works with us) but this time no one knew. I figured that it was okay to tell her though and even if she tells her husband as I suspect she wll it's okay, sometimes it is good for people to know this stuff about you. Especially since I didn't much miss a beat at work (as far as anyone knew).

This morning I have a little hangover and maybe that wasn't the best idea considering my weakened condition right now but I kind of needed the time out and it was fun.

No comments: