Saturday, July 30, 2005

Fibroids and Fertility

Some of the better links I've found which discuss fibroids and fibroid treatments impact on fertility.

GENERAL

Fibroids & Fertility

Fibroids and Younger Women

Management of Uterine Fibroids

Myomectomy: It's Role in Infertility

FIBROIDS AND MISCARRIAGE

Recurrent Miscarriage (Pregnancy Loss)

Small fibroids may increase miscarriage risk
Small uterine fibroids may increase the risk of miscarriage, according to early findings from a study by researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.


MYOMECTOMY & UFE

Gynecologic Myomectomy

Long-term results of laparoscopic myomectomy: recurrence rate in comparison with abdominal myomectomy

Myomectomy
Article about endoscopic myomectomy

Myomectomy During Cesarean Section – Time To Reconsider?
A medical article looking at removing fibroids during cesarian delivery

Myomectomy: a retrospective study to examine reproductive performance before and after surgery.
Watch a web video of a myomectomy being done

Replay of: Abdominal Myomectomy-A Treatment for the Removal of Fibroids

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Great list -- thanks! I would also add an article I read on the women to women dot com site for women interested in taking a more natural/holistic approach to fibroids:
http://www.womentowomen.com/hysterectomyandalternatives/fibroids.aspx

My fibroids were discovered after I had a c-section with dd #2. I basically ignored them for over a year after this discovery, but irregular periods, etc. have led me to think that now is the time to do something about the fibroids and I don't want to have a hysterectomy. Glad I found your blog -- these links go to some really valuable info. Thanks!