Thursday, June 23, 2005

Headache is just about gone today.

I went grocery shopping after work yesterday and did a little instinctive shopping, I see what I start craving as I start walking by the food. I offer my body things like apples, strawberries, kale, potatoes, fish, meat, broth and last night it told me to buy a pineapple, more grapes, beef broth some red meat and red cabbage (not spinach for certain). I bought other things for my partner off of our regular shopping list. When I got home I washed and ate a bunch of grapes and then cut up the pinapple which was very ripe. My headache started to dissipate after the pineapple, the bromelain it contains is a natural anti-inflammatory. Then I made beef noodle soup for myself and had it along with a cup of my dong quai/peony tea. My head felt a bit better after that as well.

When I woke up this morning I could still feel something, congestion or heat, but the killer frontal headache is gone for the most part.

I got a call back from the acupuncturist this morning. She had a cancellation so I'm going in to see her at 1pm and see if we might be able to work together. Wish me luck.

No comments: