Thursday, June 23, 2005

Back from acupuncture



I went over and met with two women acupuncturists today who both took case notes and my pulse. Obviously we had a LOT of information to go over since I've been there and back over the past three years.

They were a bit amazed that we hadn't tried any fertility meds, not because they thought we ought to have but just because I had been seeing REs (4 total) and all I've had them do is provide consult, an HSG, some bloodwork, 2 d&cs and a myo.

After going over the here and now miscarriage stuff, then into my pregnancy a bit and then over my cycle history and the fibroid stuff finally we got to do some needlework. I was like a porcupine today with them all up and down my legs, on my hands and feet and across my belly. Two particularly painful areas were the palace of the uterus (down low near my bikini line) and my girdle (aka belt) meridian. The needles were fine but some of the movement they were trying to get to happen was fairly painful, not acute but really sore. Evidently my kidney channel was depleted, my lung qi was being drawn on heavily and it was depleted (channel associated with grief go figure) and my heart channel had some stuff as well. My spleen/stomach channel was doing its almost usual weirdness as well and of course, liver qi stagnation.

I feel much better now, not so entrapped by the changes my body has been going through. I'm going to sort out next steps with my REs office in the morning if the sac doesn't move out by tonight and then we'll see about medical management or herbs to try to move things. I'll have another acupuncture appointment next Thursday with them to follow up on getting my body out of this miscarriage phase and then we can start focusing on building me up again.

It sounds like a good plan to me.

No comments: