Thursday, July 01, 2004

it is disappointing but yes, we did prove that the equipment works. And I got to be pregnant for a few weeks even. And it made my fibroid seem like not a big issue and I even got to give the infertility stuff a break. Those are all good things in my book.

I hope you don't mind my sharing but I think we've all been through enough for you to understand. It's just kinda weird going from potential to nothing. I have been and still am pregnant even though there isn't anything other than the sac growing, so this doesn't negate that experience at all. In some ways I'm a little glad because riding on the pregnancy hormones can be a little rough. I did notice some change this week, maybe my body was starting to drop off production of HCG. I felt awful today, even before the u/s though. I already planned to take tomorrow off so I had an extra long weekend. If I am lucky my period will come while I'm away from work and I won't have to have a D&C.

It still is an amazing thing to see, even if for a very short while, how your body can shift gears and start running this other program. I hope you all can experience it -- and me too again soon.

I asked the doc and he said that we should continue trying on our own and just wait a month for my cycle to get back to normal after this fully clears out.

It wasn't me, I didn't miscarry (that seems to place blame on the woman I think), it was just a bad combination of chromosomes. I'm thankful that it is early if this had to happen.

No comments: