Monday, June 28, 2004

My uterus is expanding on the left, the opposite from my 6x7cm uterine fibroid so now I have two little mounds just below the skin about a 1/2-1/4 inch. I think I might have said before, but I'm not sure if I posted it here, in December my doctor said that my uterus was the size of a 14 week pregnancy. I'm used to my fibroid so it isn't a huge concern (we'll just watch to see if there is any rapid growth). The thing that has my attention is that I need to prepare for a change in my pants and skirts sooner rather than later since there isn't much room left in my pant fronts already.

I'm scared of going into maternity boutiques still so maybe I'll just have to buy a larger size for a while.

I just finished the Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy over the weekend and evidently it is common to either have more sex drive or none at all. Orgasms are supposed to be more intense as well. I recommend using a lubricant since things are a little changed hormonally and that definately helped me.

My tummy is sticking out too. Looking at myself in profile in store window reflections at lunch I thought -- who is that pregnant woman? No one else would think so but the boobs don't look like mine and the matching belly sure looks to me like something is up. Just keep eating healthy foods and don't worry about it I guess. The appetite seems to come with the territory.

Don't you all find it so amazing that our bodies are able to switch gears this way. It is amazing to see the changes, I feel like I'm just a passenger myself along for the ride.

No comments: