Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I really appreciate my vasectomy reversal buddies online, they are the only ones who know what it is like to be in a relationship with someone you can only cross your fingers to have a child with. It is a big gamble and it takes a lot of emotional strength to get through it, especially when you are fighting with a strong biological desire to have children (that would periodically hit me and I couldn't talk to anyone about it). I even asked my atheist partner to pray for me (he does have a spiritual bent in spite of himself), I told him that he should do it because I wanted him to (while crying of course).

My pg symptoms have shifted this week, less of the car sick feeling and now onto vague nausea (there is a difference I swear). Yesterday I threw up in the morning, right before I had to head out the door to my chiropractic appt. I think my prenatal vitamin didn't agree with my stomach. Today has been better. I've been able to push through the fatigue more now, I think it has evened out a bit as well so I'm not quite so sluggish in the afternoon. I have my ultrasound tomorrow afternoon -- can you believe it will be July already?

I'm going on a picnic with a friend on Friday and skipping out on work for maybe the full day. I didn't get to go to NY so I'm due a little R&R. I'll probably be doing some catchup work for the office over the weekend anyway.

Just FYI, someone at my office is in a relationship with a man who already has teenagers, a divorce (of course) and a vasectomy. She's going to be 40 in October and struggles with the fact that her fertile window is closing but her boyfriend, however committed he may be, is not interested in having any more children. Everyone here is lucky enough to have a partner/spouse who was willing to undergo an extremely uncomfortable procedure to restore their fertility. Count your blessings.

A woman I met on the chat yesterday told me to eat sour things like lemonade and sour candy; she said it helped her through her pregnancy. I've been drinking a lot of limeade and grapefruit juice and it seems to go down easy enough. I read that anemia can make m/s worse and that taking b-vitamins can help (although taking vitamins is tough when you are feeling already) I tried candied ginger the other day as well, it helps with seasickness so I thought it might help. It was difficult to think of it as appetizing but it did seem to alleviate some of the stomach discomfort.

No comments: