Thursday, June 24, 2004

I've still got the m/s, I guess usually it starts around the 6th week which is this week which means it can only get worse. This article link someone sent me says that if you get motion sickness then you are more prone to m/s. It is a beautiful day here and I don't feel like doing anything except laying down. I might take the bus to another neighborhood to go look a baby knitting patterns and yarn to start working on presents for my friends twins. She told me I could wait until the Fall since the summer is too hot for knits in New York.

Other than getting up 3 times to pee last night I slept like a log which is good. I've been trying to do some cooking this weekend as well I made homemade pasta and sauce yesterday and today I baked blueberry muffins.

Someone asked about the supplements my partner was taking. Here's a list:

Daily Multivitamin that included selenium
Chewable Zinc tablets with Vit C
Grape seed extract 2 caps a day (cheaper than pynogenol and also a potent anti-oxidant)
Carnitine capsule

Selenium and zince are both found in highest concentrations in a man's body in the ejaculate so we tried to make sure that he had a good amount of both in his diet. Selenium is found in whole wheat flour usually and zinc is found in pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Walnuts were also recommended by my acupuncturist as something to boost male fertility.

My partner is a vegetarian who eats fish and very rarely freerange chicken and pork wontons. He eats a lot of beans and rice. We were also eating more leafy greens to help with hormonal balance for us both.

No comments: