Saturday, June 26, 2004

I'm so glad it is the weekend, finally some time to rest! I was soooo hungry today that I keep on eating every 2 hours or so. I made homemade fettucini with tomato sauce a while ago and that was filling. I've been craving a lot of south-east asian cuisine this past week though, like Thai and Vietnamese food -- thing with a little fish sauce in them. I've also been craving/eating a lot of fruit. They say the trick is to only eat things that appeal to you to help with the nausea. I was at a creperie yesterday (a restaurant that serves crepes) and nothing looked good to me, the thought of cheese sounded so unappealing. I ended up eating half of mine and my partner ate the other half plus his dinner -- he was stuffed. I'm bummed about not being able to eat sushi although our favorite sushi waitress said that she ate sushi through her entire pg as she was working and it was free food. Different cultures have different takes on what is safe and not in pg. There's this book I read a couple years ago called From Paris to the Moon and the author describes the contrast between the pregnancy and birth of his first child in the U.S. with the pg and birth of the second in Paris. Doctors in France tell women to drink wine (in moderation of course) to sooth the nerves and such during pg.

No comments: