Thursday, December 10, 2009

I got my blood test results back and my beta HCG is 1058 and my progesterone is 38.5. They told me to keep using the progesterone cream since I have already been using it. They said the levels looked great so I guess I just sit tight until our Jan 5 appt. I had some twinges of nausea (so faint) this AM and I wanted to cry when J peed on the floor in his bedroom (but that can make any tired parent want to cry). I was super grouchy over the weekend with J when he was nursing so I'm trying to be mindful that there's a lot going on and I need to be nice to him as well.

I'm trying to send this little bean loving thoughts about growing. It seems so small an insignificant right now, though I know that will change quickly enough. I feel like I have already made a little room in my heart for the new one, but it makes me so sad for J to know that his world is going to change so drastically. I'm grateful for having nursed him so long and I hope his nursing needs will settle someplace agreeable to us both.

I had sort of resigned myself to the possibility that we might only have one, perhaps more than I thought. It is a wonderful thing to be able to give him a sibling (if everything goes well) but our little family of three will be forever changed. It just makes me a little sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats congrats congrats!
-Christy

Victoria said...

Wow, congratulations! (I never know with your blog, when I'm going to see a new post...it's weeks and weeks without one, then in the same day, 3 or 4 or more pop up at the same time).
I hope things proceed well and smoothly for you. You did it!

agness said...

Thanks!

Victoria - I know, I know. Many of my posts are consolidated from board posts to the Ovusoft forum, which I periodically grab and post here. I'm not a traditional blogger in that sense.

Between work and J (now almost three) there isn't much time to be blogging.

:)