Saturday, June 17, 2006

Five Weeks

Amazing how these funny numbers they come up with based on last menstrual period have you going from being a few days late on your period to suddenly being 5 weeks pregnant. Whatever, at least I can pretend that this is really happening. So if I'm 5 weeks now, then that means that I would deliver via c-section in 33 weeks. That doesn't seem long at all -- well not really.

I started thinking last night about the fact that we have a wedding to attend at the end of July (the bride is pregnant too) and what I will wear. I just don't know. That's only like another 5 weeks away. I guess if things don't work out I've got stuff that will work, and if things do work out then I'll just have to deal with that later.

Yesterday at work we were moving a lot of furniture around which required a lot of lifting and I was hovering between not wanting to but also not letting on that something was up. I took little breaks and drank water and let the guys do the heavy lifting but it was kinda weird. We got new desks for my team so we're looking oh so much more professional now.

I'm rather overwelmed at work, too much work, not enough focus and I swear I'm not able to multi-task like I used to. We're short-staffed still so I'm just going to have to keep on recruiting and get some more help in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to send you a big hug. These first few weeks will feel endless, but they too will pass. I watched a lot of movies in my first few weeks of pregnancy, and tackled some complicated jewelry projects--they were the only things that kept my mind occupied. I think I'll be taking a break from the Ovusoft boards, but I'll be checking in on you.