Sunday, April 16, 2006

Charmed Star Pregnant with Second Post Fibroid Surgery

I thought you might be interested to know that Holly Marie Combs from the TV show Charmed is pg with her second child. She had a fibroid surgery several years ago.

Mentions of her fibroid surgery:

"I had a few fibroids removed, and they left me with a Grand Canyon of scar tissue in my uterus. The doctors weren't sure I'd be able to reproduce. I was prepared for a rough road, and then out of nowhere we conceived."
From: Celebrity Mom Interview: Holly Marie Combs

"Actually," she says, "I'm not quite sure if I want to talk about this, but I kind of do, because I'm so sick of all these rumors. I just had surgery (for a uterine fibroid) recently, and we shut down for two weeks.

"These girls, I mean, Shannen was with me through every doctor's appointment and held my hand, and Alyssa was in my hospital room every day, she even climbed into bed with me. These are kind of life-and-death things when you really need people, and they're actually there. It's pretty nice.

"It made a huge difference in how fast I got better to have them around and have them be so supportive of me. These were not pleasant doctor's appointments and tests that they sat through with me. And my crew was so supportive of me. It's really become this family atmosphere where we take care of each other."

From: Holly Marie Combs' "Charmed" Life

From other links I found it sounds like she was a vegetarian for years and her fibroids might have been discovered when she was 24.

No comments: