Friday, January 19, 2007

Here's what I do have:

* a bunch of baby undershirts and onesies;
* my first month's cloth diaper delivery scheduled and paid for,
* a basinette (in need of some sheets -- or else I'll just wrap the mattress in some flannel I bought)
* a bunch of handknit items.
* a car seat (Graco SnugRide) that's still not installed
* a fleece pouch
* a bunch of receiving blankets and a swaddler.

I'm counting on breastfeeding working out as I don't have any bottles or anything purchased on that end. I'll be in the hospital for 3-4 days after my c/s so I can use a hospital pump if I need to and we can arrange for whatever as we need to from there - right?

My partner is freaking about my mother coming for a few weeks around and after the delivery. Between my parents and his mother we'll have visitors for a month. I feel okay about having my mother there. I think she will be helpful, we don't always agree on things but she's not overbearing and she will make sure I eat and sleep. Having been through 2 m/cs and abdominal surgery with my partner, I can't say the same for him. I love him dearly but I want to make sure that I'm being looked after so I'm not totally stressed out in the early weeks.

I put a call into my OB's office earlier but he was out today so no word yet on when my c-section will be.

No comments: