Sunday, July 11, 2004

We had over a bunch of friends for a party last night and this included 3 small children and 2 pregnant women. I was dreading anyone asking me when we were going to start a family since we've been trying so long (that much they know) but most of them we hadn't told we were expecting.

I try to protect myself, however I need to, when around talk of pregnancy, babies, etc. While I'm happy for people as well, interested and excited for them all, I know that I'm just too sensitive right now to be able to communicate about that with them comfortably. At the same time, I feel like I have more respect and understanding for how awesome (the older definition) the process of bringing new life into the world, and even caring for small children from both my brief window into pregnancy and from watching the changes our friends with children have gone through. I might not be able to share in their enthusiasm but I want pregnant women to be able to complain and fuss and worry and hope to their hearts content -- it is part of the process.

No comments: