Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My SIL went into labor yesterday evening and our little 2 1/2 yo nephew spent the night at our house. I went to bed late and after reading him 5 books, one of them twice, turning the light off and singing to him, we both fell asleep in our bed. My partner was upstairs finishing some work and came down later. Little Alex is a hogger, he totally hogs the bed. My partner and I were both laying on the edges of the bed and Alex just rolled around between us, grabbing at pillows, kicking the covers --- all while he was sound asleep. At 2am he started shouting in his sleep and with that I was wide awake. I got up and watched TV and the movie Little Women and knitting until 6:30 am when I went back to bed in our spare room. I had about 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night.

On the plus side, Alex did really well on his first night away from his parents, he gave me a hug and a kiss when he left after telling his dad that he wanted me to come too. I finished up the baby cardigan and booties that I was making for his little sister and sent those off with him as well (he helped me wrap the package, you could totally tell as I let him stick stickers on it and draw on the paper with crayons and the folds were all lumpy).

The baby is named Camille (ka-Mee is the French pronounciation they
are using) and she came out this morning without complication
weighing in at 7 lbs 6oz, a good pound less than her brother.

We'll see them later tonight at the hospital. I will probably cry as
Sunday was my EDD for my failed pg. I would probably cry anyway and I just need to let it out. I already cried today. I'm just feeling so emotional. They are dropping babies around us like they are going out of style or something like that.

No comments: