Friday, September 17, 2004

It's raining, it's pouring...

After I found out about my fibroid I cried a lot. I cried for 3 days when they told me about my fibroid. I was so upset that my eyelid twitched for 3 months after that! After every doctor's appointment I had I was an emotional wreck afterwards.

A mean RE at the local university fertility clinic told us on a Friday that we needed IVF with ICSI and that we woudn't be able to conceive on our own. The next day we had to go to a wedding and someone from asked me discreetly about my fibroid (we lied and said that was what the Dr's appt was for, we didn't want any one to really know about our fertility problems) and I lost it and had to leave the wedding before the toasts. My partner couldn't get out of there as quickly for social reason so I just sat in the car and cried for 20 minutes by myself on a side street.

I had another time last spring, right after my HSG when I found out my uterus was wrapped around my fibroid and my doctor told me I should probably have the fibroid out. I went to dance class a couple days later -- surely dancing would help me feel like my body was mine again. But there was a guest instructor and when she wanted me to correct my pelvis alignment and I left the class sobbing.

Over Christmas my OB that I had made 2 months beforehand come up so I decided to get another opinion. Aside from crying the entire time in her office when I left I started sobbing in the parking garage and had to wait a long while until I was settled enough to drive.

Another time, at the beginning of the year, after yet another Dr appointment I had to leave dance class again and just cried in the hall while I waited for my partner to finish. It was all so stressful, I was unclear as to what to do, and it seemed like we would never have children without some major medical interventions.

No comments: