Saturday, September 04, 2004

Frankincense and Fibroids?

I found this page while surfing that mentions some additional herbal treatments, what got me curious was that this one mentioned frankincense which is one of the ingredients in the chinese herbs my acupuncturist had me taking in the spring -- when my fibroid shrank.

http://www.nspforum.com/faq/bbs.cgi?read=938

I started acupuncture treatment in January and had an ultrasound a couple weeks later to help provide a baseline measurement. My fibroid at the beginning of February was 6x6.5x9cm which was larger, mostly longer than the 5.9x6cm in September 2002 when it was discovered, or 6x7cm in March 2003. I started on herbs in March and took them for about 6-7 weeks only, all the while going for weekly hour-long acupuncture treatments. I stopped taking the herbs because I had an issue with bad bleeding during my period which freaked me out, these are strong herbs and not to be used during pregnancy or during menses. My acupuncturist said the herbs are intended to "break the blood". I scheduled a follow-up ultrasound for the beginning of June and as it would happen I had a positive pregnancy test that same morning. My fibroid was back to 6x7 though the ultrasound was not taken on cycle day 3 since my period never arrived. I'm amazed that there was that much of a change.

Here are the ingredients in my supplement, TumoSolv which is formulated by LongLife (http://drhuang.biz/LongLifeMaster.asp):

Bureed tuber, Zedoary, Fritillary tuber, Prunella, Sargassum, Frankincense, Myrrh, Angelica

I don't know if they sell to the public but I would advise anyone interested in trying it to seek treatment though a licensed practitioner of Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture.

My fibroid is still enlarged from my pregnancy, my body is still producing beta HCG though it is slowly dropping. I'm back in weekly acupuncture treatment and soon I'll start using the herbs once again.

I just thought I would share since I did try very hard to be controlled in my evaluation of my fibroid size before and after treatment and I did have positive results. I hope that this gives you hope and inspiration as well.

No comments: