Saturday, June 19, 2004

Okay, but here is the totally wild news. My sister-in-law who lives in town just told us last night that she's due also in February, about a week after us. Two weeks ago we were walking around the neighborhood with her toddler and complaining how everyone seemed to be pregnant except for us (all the stars and then tons of women about town for some reason -- I think Seattle is having a baby boom). Low and behold that even as we were feeling sorry for ourselves we were both already pregnant!

No m/s here I'm just hungry in the morning and tired in the afternoon. I wake up hungry and absolutely have to eat before I leave the house. I've also been craving more iron rich foods, I'm taking iron supplements as well since my iron stores are lower from my heavy periods.

I find that when I'm feeling crummy that exercise helps but I have to push through feelings of quitting until the relief happens. A long walk, dance class, etc. are all helpful. My breasts were killing me yesterday and this morning. I put on a sturdy athletic top for modern dance this morning and that completely helped.

I'm struggling with my wardrobe since I was already needing to invest in some new pieces and weed out some of the older ones. The big boobs and full abdomen are a little interesting to decorate. I don't want to be a frump the whole time though so I think I'm just going to buy a few fun things and I can always wear them next summer (note to self: plan ahead for breast feeding).

I've been considering making some maternity clothes myself, and starting to prepare the nursery. I'm working so I can use the lead time to help make sure things are ready when they are needed.

No comments: