Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Sheesh!


So, I've been keeping you apprised of my situation. I just got off the phone with the RE (RE#2) and here's what he told me...

...that they won't do fertility treatments on me unless I have my fibroid treated

...that if I have the embolization they won't accept me as a fertility patient

...that they recommend myomectomy

...that he no longer authorized the MRI

They won't do fertility treatments if I have the embo because they are worried about the uterine wall being weak (weaker than a uterus that has had multiple fibroids removed -- aka. myomectomy!?) and the possibility of multiple births being so much higher with fertility treatments. They are also a little concerned about not the liability but their stats, that somehow I might compromise their success rates.

Heck, no one knows why I haven't been able to get pregnant, it could be any of the following that I've been able to deduce...

* sperm morphology
* low progesterone (I started using natural progesterone cream)
* anemia/low ferritin (being treated)
* fibroid (though I've never even been kinda sorta pregnant)

I don't even know what to think know. It seems like my options are a) leave it up to God, or b) do the embo and then leave it up to God, or c) do the embo and do fertility treatments if needed, elsewhere.

We're not interested in adoption.

Maybe I should just go save the dying children in 3rd world nations and give up on this mother thing.

No comments: