Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Myo next week, feeling depressed

My surgery is scheduled for next Thursday October 9th and I'm feeling depressed about it. I need to have the surgery due to fertility issues -- we're likely going to have to do IVF (although I pray that we don't). I'm 33 and my 6cm fibroid is just going to continue to grow, even if my naturopathic treatment helped slow it down.

I don't have the bleeding that many of you are experiencing; my heart goes out to all of you with debilitating symptoms. I feel periodic discomfort and then there is the infertility. Otherwise I'm completely healthy and I think that's why the prospect of having the surgery is so sad for me. I just don't want to feel bad, and right now it is the surgery that is going to cause me more short-term pain.

When I compare that to the prospect of not having children I think it is a reasonable trade off to have the surgery. But still, how did the rest of you get through the last few days of anticipation prior to your surgeries?

No comments: