Friday, July 21, 2006

Quick Update

I've been tired this week, not too much on the computer after hours and during work I've been pretty swamped. Here are some random things if you wanting to keep tabs on me (which is really nice of you).

Less nausea early in the week -- and then there was yesterday and today where I'm just having a hard time keeping up with my water and caloric intake needs. I think it's partially the heat and also my body maybe going through some more big hormonal changes this week.

I got my hair cut on Wednesday, the first time since April 2005. I didn't feel like getting it cut and I was also liking it being long. It was long enough that a good trim has it looking healthy again and it's still long. My stylist commented that I had a lot of new growth coming in, I muttered about being pregnant but he didn't hear me. So I guess that tale about pregnancy and your hair might be true.

My partner started checking my belly out more this week. He does it while I'm sleeping, just grabbing and feeling things. He says I'm definately getting bigger. Still not that big though and my transition clothing is holding up. Definately not that comfortable in some of my regular summer clothes though -- more that I'm not liking the way they hang on my current build.

I had acu yesterday, the first time in a few weeks. She did the standard ones that she's been doing -- inside ankles, inside wrists, crown of head. After she left the room I started feeling some achiness, it's related to my fibroid, sort of a line the runs up and down on the right side of my navel, down deep. I had it a lot this spring as well. Hopefully it was just things adjusting. I dozed on the table for a good 45 minutes and then the pain was gone when I awoke. She asked me if I had any sense of what we were having, and I told her that early on I had an inkling that it might be a boy but I really don't know. She said she was trying to check on my pulses but she wasn't sure yet, maybe next week.

My prenatal appointment and next check on things is coming up on Tuesday. I think we are ready for it. My partner is feeling pretty confident about things, me I'm just surviving -- being tired, tired, tired and keeping up with work.

We interviewed 6 people this week for a few different positions and none of them were quite right. If we are less picky then maybe. Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had early pain due to my fibroid. I have read that it will come and go. Just try to relax. I was getting worried because you hadn't posted in a while. I'm glad tha all is going well. I beleive that around nine weeks is when your hormones will peak causing the worst of morning sickness and then it will start to recede and you will be feeling much better around week 12.
Deb

Anonymous said...

Tough week! But being particular about who you hire will make it easier for when you need to take your breaks.

I am looking forward to hearing about your scan this coming week!

Bridget

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well. I'm looking forward to hearing good news with your scan.

My hair also grew like crazy when I was pregnant, as did my nails.

I'm curious to know what your acu says about the gender.