Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Wacky Start to My Next Cycle, But Improvement

AF this time is just odd odd odd. Usually I won't have more than half a day of spotting prior to her arrival, this time I've had two. I feel totally hung up, sort of like when I was waiting for my m/c to start in June and it took a whole week before my body was ready. Today I marked as the start of AF but it's just barely stronger than spotting and dark red/brownish. It's so weird. I had a really great chart, I wonder if things have started to move in a new direction for me hormonally. Sounds scary a bit, but it could be a good thing as I had that fibroid, anemia and excess estrogen working against me before, which were all bad things.

At acupucture this morning she noted that my tongue coating looked better (it was awful and white coated last week out of the blue), confirmed that my liver qi stagnation was not an issue any more (I had noted this myself), and said that we're just dealing with minor stuff right now. She said that the spotting and symptoms of the cycle transition from LP to the Blood Phase were related to my qi deficiency and spleen qi deficiency.

My treatment helped dissipate a lot of the pain I was having (thank goodness) and she gave me a handout with some qi building foods on it. I've also got a pre-O herbal powder to take starting CD4.

It's so weird though, but perhaps my body pushed through to the other side of its deficiencies. I don't know if you had noted this but I've heard/read that sometimes the deficiency of something will trigger its excess. So heavy menstrual bleeding can be a sign of deficiency, excess estrogen can be a sign of yin deficiency and so on.

As I've mentioned I was anemic for years, even as a child I had lots of nosebleeds ages 5-12, the last big on was when I was 14 that I recall -- I got my period later that year. In TCM not being able to contain your blood is a sign of deficiency though it's harder to pick which one it might have been as it was years ago. I do think it is possible that my body got used to operating in a state of deficiency so the journey has been to reset the expectations so that it can adjust to a healthy pattern. In some ways no different than for people who have blood sugar issues, etc.

No comments: