Sunday, January 16, 2005

Treatment for a Bloody Nose

My cold has freaked out my nose and I've had several bloody noses today. I had these a lot when I was a kid, but not for years. Luckily I know what to do, now here's the real trick (and I haven't seen this written down elsewhere)... when you have a bloody nose don't tip your head back as it makes the blood run down your throat and that gives you a stomachache. What you need to do is take a piece of absorbant paper and fold it up and place it under your upper lip, on top of your gums right below your nose. There are blood vessels here that go up to your nose and the paper will dry them out and reduce the flow of blood to the nose. Your bloody nose will stop within 15 seconds. Really, it works. Now stopping the reason you are prone to bloody noses is another thing -- vitamin C and vitamin K will help with that some though, plus iron if you are anemic.

No comments: