Friday, October 29, 2004

How I decided to have a myo

You know, having to go through the d&c to terminate my failed pregnancy helped me to get to this place mentally. The nurses and doctors wanted to help me and they didn't want me to have pain or discomfort. And then all the post myo success stories on the NUFF boards make me feel more confident as well.

Since I'm 34 and a good ways away from menopause I really should get this lump out of me now -- it isn't going to get any smaller on its own, though chinese medicine did seem to be working but not fast enough. My fibroid has been an angel of change for me so far, I had to reconsider a lot over the past two years from what I ate, to how I worked, to how much I excercised or visited with friends. I think I'm in a much better position health-wise now and hope to stave off any other diseases that might have met me along my previous life path. I'm an Cancer, I'm allowed to be sentimental :)

Thanks again and good luck to all my fellow myo compatriots in the next few weeks. I'm going to buy my purple (fuzzy) socks of courage this weekend and help get the house cleaned up and in order so I won't have to do much post surgery. My dog Lula and my cat Seymour are ready and waiting to keep me company during my recuperation.

No comments: