Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A new article/research that looks into the role of progesterone and
estrogen as influencers of fibroid growth.

Sex steroidal regulation of uterine leiomyoma growth and apoptosis

[The abstract is available to anyone, the full text requires a
subscription or you can pay for 24 hour access.]


UPDATE ON ME
My beta dropped this week from last week from 543 to 289 (thurs to
tues) which is a good sign and the doctor says we can just wait and
do another blood draw on Monday (the other alternatives were a repeat d&c or methotraxate - yuck!).

The rest of my bloodwork came back normal, which is good since I've
been bleeding/spotting for a month.

My basel temperature also dropped for the first time since the
miscarriage (where it dropped just one day) and is the lowest it has
been since I got pregnant. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes
well and that I get my period in the next week.

I got measurement info about my fibroid, here's for the last 4
ultrasounds (approximately) -- in September 2002 it was 6x6 cm:

Feb 2004 - 6 x 6.5 x 9 cm

June 9 2004 -- 6 x 7 cm (day I found out I was 2.5 weeks pregnant,
with weekly acupuncture treatments and chinese herbs starting in
January)

July 8 2004 -- 9 x 9 x 11 cm (after 3 weeks on 100mg supplemental
progesterone and one week prior off to the ultrasound - 6.5 weeks
pregnant)

August 17 -- 9 x 7 cm (with beta still elevated post miscarriage)

No comments: