Thursday, June 03, 2004

SPA Test Results (poor hamster)

I just got off the phone with our fertility clinic and they gave me the results from the SPA test (the hamster egg test). The results were 5.8 and less than 2.x is failing. She told me that we were normal.

They didn't check morphology this time (I tell him he's got to ask for these things or else they forget) and his count is 36 million and he had 57% motility. Not too bad.

I would love to know if there was any change in the morphology due to his supplements but no such luck this time.

Then, I heard the oddest story today. This woman couldn't get pregnant and was going to have a hysterectomy (maybe for pain). Since she wanted to have a baby they did some procedure on her to remove endometriosis. She had odd adhesions maybe covering her ovaries. They cleared out the film that was blocking the passage of the egg and low and behold she got pregnant with quadruplets -- and this was totally natural, no medications. How crazy is that?

The only other boy tests I can think of us having done is the SCSA test (thanks for reminding me) which I'm waiting to hear back from the UR about, and then maybe more blood work since his FSH was a little high at last check a while back.

Here's for small blessings!

No comments: