Saturday, December 06, 2003

Anyone know the status of the fibroid research and education bills?

I wrote to my representatives last winter about the 2002 attempt to get this passed and wasn't paying attention when they were introduced again this past Spring.

Anyone know the status of Senate Bill 1087 and House Bill 2157 regarding funding for education and research of uterine fibroids? They were referred to commitee but I don't see anything on the committee web pages.

I thought this was a great line from the start of HB2157:

"The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality found a 'remarkable lack of high quality evidence supporting the effectiveness of most interventions for symptomatic fibroids'."

Might we want to do a push where we write and call into our representatives? If I have time I might call the offices of some of the committee members to see what's up next week.

Here are some links:

House Bill 2157

Senate Bill 1087

No comments: