Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ultrasound Update

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, the acid indigestion/reflux was out of control. But eventually I crashed out. My partner came to bed late though, a couple hours later, and he woke me up and I was soooo grouchy with him. I had to get up for a while and drink some fresh ginger tea and have some cookies to try to soothe my stomach before I could get back to bed.

We got up and went to the ultrasound appointment this morning, I stopped off to buy some bottled water -- as again the acid is so bad. At the doctor's they tried to help move things along but someone was hogging the ultrasound suite so we just waited and waited. My doc came in to ask how I was feeling and to see if my symptoms were still strong and I said yes, and mentioned the lovely indigestion. He said in the second tri I could use one of the acid blockers if I still needed it. He stepped out again and my partner commented on how much he liked the doc. He's a good guy my OB.

Suddenly the door opens again and there's my doc, dragging an ultrasound machine on wheels into the exam room we are in. He said they brought down a portable, lesser quality machine from their other office since they were having that delay with the other machine. He looked so funny and determined though, dragging that machine through the door that it made me laugh. He looked like a determined little boy (and he's a mature man).

The scan wasn't as clear as last time but the baby looked a lot larger and the heartbeat was again visible. I had my doc check on my fibroid as well, to see what she was doing. She's grown but is way off to the side away from the pregnancy so there's nothing to worry about with that. No pictures today though, but they were really blurry anyway. We didn't take measurements either, it just wasn't of a good enough resolution.

My partner commented that there was no getting out of this one, that statistically each time we were closing in on the gap of having a kid. He said our bigger problem now is that we are going to have a kid.

How did this happen to me? I don't know if I'm ready for all this.

My next appointment is Tuesday July 25th, though my OB said to give him a call if I needed any reassurance. I actually told him that I almost feel better when I don't have appointments looming -- that's when I get anxious, when they go and check to see what's going on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPEE!!! I am soo happy for the two of you! That was very nice of your doctor to pull in a machine to do the u/s.

It is possible that you two can have a baby with no other interventions. Thinking of you!

Bridget

Chantal said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you Ann! :)

Chantal(d)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going great. All good news!

That camping trip doesn't sound like it was much fun. :\

Joelle

Anonymous said...

I can totally imagine your doctor doing that - that's pretty great, it would seem he's pretty considerate.

Try to surround yourself with good Hado Ann- positive thoughts, positive thoughts; things are looking wonderful!

Gato

Anonymous said...

Been awful quiet lately...is everything okay?

Work keeping you busy? Any new hires?

Thinking of you!

Bridget