Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fun with site visitation stats

I have StatCounter running on this blog so I can see where people are coming from, what they are interested in and then I make sure that the pages they are coming to contain decent information, adding new info to help hook them up with more useful information if I can.

So over the past couple weeks I've noticed that my belly shot showing my scar from my myomectomy kept being pulled up through Google Images. I was amazed that people would even thing to search on "myomectomy scar" for photos, I was intrigued.

Yesterday I looked at that posting though with my first post op photo and there wasn't anything really that would make it make sense for fibroid patients doing a search. I went to Google Images and did a search on myoscar, the name of the image and low and behold Google asked -- did you mean "my oscar" Oh brother, so these people are looking for oscar photos and they are instead finding my belly with its scar and this blog with all its sad stories. Oh well, maybe a few other people learned something about the world of womens's reproductive health issues. I adjusted the image title to be more precise and hopefully that will help fix the situation.

No comments: