Thursday, November 04, 2004

Fibroid leaving on a metal tray (sung to the tune of Leaving on an Airplane)



So my bag is packed, I'm ready to go
I'm sitting here, making another post
Already I'm looking forward to the change
So cut me and dissect me
Tell me that how much better I'll be
Help me get back on the fertility road

My fibroid is leaving on a metal tray
Don't expect to see it ever again
Oh 'Roid its time to go.

So, anyway... Friday is my big day, I've got gum and granny knickers, a maternity belt, arnice pellets, purple socks of courage etc., etc. -- all courtesy of the generous sharing of info by the fibroid ladies on the NUFF group. I'm feeling pretty relaxed and this will all be over and I'll be on my way to recovery within the next 24 hours.

I don't need to take phosphosoda or any laxative so that is good. And my doc thinks the d&C and myo should only take 2 hours. My RE will be assisted by another RE, a fellow, so I'm in good hands. I check in at the hospital at 1:30 tomorrow and the surgery is scheduled for 3:30.

Please send good thoughts and prayers if you can tomorrow.

No comments: